We are happy to include the following piece from Customs & Excise
though we should point out the situation has been created by the
tax policies throughout the 1990s!
Help stamp out illegal trading
It's damaging to the economy and killing small businesses
- The illegal resale of tax-free cigarettes, tobacco, beer, wine and spirits
in the UK affects everyone and benefits no-one.
- It threatens village shops and legitimate licenced businesses.
- The tax lost to the Government could be used for health and education.
See also Trading Standards.
- If you have information about anyone selling smuggled products please
- The Smuggling Freeephone on 0800 595000
- (the new number from July 1999)
- Or you can write to:
- HM Customs & Excise,
- Haven House,
- 17 Lower Brook St.,
- IP4 1DN.
- All information is treated in the strictest confidence.
ALE May 1999 No. 294
: Next section
Cambridge & District CAMRA